Beginnings are exciting. Whether it’s the start of a new book, hobby or career, there’s a certain exhilaration at diving into something new.
Across the Cox family of businesses (Cox Enterprises, Cox Communications and Cox Automotive), we’re looking for Finance Interns with that kind of motivation to join our team. If you’re interested in investing your time and skills into a team-centric and high-visibility role with a company that truly cares about you and your future, keep reading. We may have just the spot for you!
What’s In It For You?
· We value your time and potential. At Cox, you’ll be exposed to meaningful and challenging work.
· You won’t be left alone to figure things out. You’ll have a team of supporters (plus an assigned program mentor) who will show you the ropes, guide you to excellence and cheer you on.
· You’ll experience real accountability to develop your professional skills.
· You’ll expand your network and professional toolbox through exposure to senior leaders.
· You’ll help us build a bold future that is sustainable, accessible and inclusive.
What You’ll Do
You’ll mainly focus on reporting activities and various special projects for the department. Other responsibilities include:
· Analyzing raw data and then repackaging, simplifying and determining key takeaways from the results.
· Assisting with the development of presentations for an executive-level audience.
· Evaluating business performance by developing reporting tools.
· Assisting with the planning, coordination and development of annual budgets, quarterly forecasts and long-range plans.
· Completing special projects and preparing reports.
· Networking within the business, getting to know leaders and peers.
Who You Are
You’ve got a solid understanding of financial modeling, financial statements, variance analysis and reporting key business drivers. It seems too easy to say “you know money,” but that’s a big part of the job. You’re exceptionally motivated and comfortable speaking honestly to all levels of the business. You also have the following qualifications:
· Current college student pursuing a BA/BS degree in a related field.
· Solid analytical and research capabilities.
· Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills.
· A high level of proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.